Wednesday, September 4, 2019

The Lovely Little Village of Kallmünz

We are fortunate to live in an area with castle ruins all around.  All those ruins require a nice hike up to them that's an added bonus!  We decided to take an afternoon and venture to one of these ruins in  the village of Kallmünz.  One of the things I absolutely love about living here is driving from point A to point B because every drive is beautiful.  When we arrived in Kallmünz I was struck by it's quiet beauty, colorful buildings, and I was overcome by a sense of peace.  We walked down by the water and saw a water wheel, ducks swimming in the river, people fishing, and people kayaking (which I will have to do next summer).  It looked like what I imagine Holland would look like (I've never been, but it's definitely on my list).  We made our way up to the trail, stopping periodically to take pictures of the village below and our offspring when they'd allow.  Finally we made it up to the castle ruins.  We walked around all the parts of the castle, reading the plaques ( having to use our Google Translate app to do so) and then we climbed to the top of the tower which was a pretty cool thing to get to do.  Someone has built a pretty unique statue on the property, my offspring enjoyed that.  My favorite party was the archway (not sure if that's what it's called..)  When we had seen and photographed everything from every angle we made our way back down to the lovely village of Kallmünz.  We walked over the bridge and around the village looking at the shops and houses.  We stopped to get gelato, but didn't have any euros so we had to save that treat for a different day!  All in all, we had a wonderful day in a lovely village and I am sure we will visit again!







No comments:

Post a Comment